PREDICT THE CHAMPIONS OF PCS1! PICK’EM CHALLENGE IS NOW AVAILABLE
Hello, PUBG Esports fans!
With the PUBG Continental Series 1 (PCS1), the 2020 global PUBG Esports event to name each region’s best teams is also welcoming the return of the Pick’em Challenge.
The Pick’Em Challenge, first introduced during the PUBG Global Championship (PGC) 2019, offers a chance to win special items by successfully predicting the winner.
AVAILABILITY OF PCS1 ITEMS
- PC: After the completion of the live server maintenance day on Jun. 17, 2020 – 5 p.m. on Jul. 2, 2020 (KST)
- Console: After the completion of the live server maintenance day on Jun. 23, 2020 – 5 p.m. on Jul. 2, 2020 (KST)
- PC: After the completion of the live server maintenance day on Jun. 17, 2020 – 6 p.m. on Jul. 2, 2020 (KST)
- Console: After the completion of the live server maintenance day on Jun. 23, 2020 – 6 p.m. on Jul. 2, 2020 (KST)
Availability of special items in the Esports Shop with Esports Points (EPs):
11 am July 7, 2020 – 9 am July 22, 2020 (KST)
Twenty-five percent of the revenue from PCS1 items will be equally distributed among the four regional events. Exactly 12.5% of the 25% will go to the prize pool, and the other 12.5% will be allocated evenly to all participating teams.
This new Pick’Em Challenge for PCS1 returns with bigger rewards and more fun, together with the Esports Shop and other line-ups of events. Check out the details below and FAQs and don’t miss out on your chance to get special PCS1 items!
INTRODUCING PUBG ESPORTS SHOP!
Starting with PCS1, the Esports Shop is opening as an in-game space for PUBG Esports fans. You can use the shop and claim the final rewards and items from the Pick’Em Challenge with Esports Points. You can earn EPs by winning the games provided in the Pick’Em Challenge.
IMPROVED PICK’EM CHALLENGE EVENT
There are two types of Pick’Em Challenges for PCS1, and you can earn EPs by participating in the event.
1. Predict the champion of each region!
In the main game of the Pick’Em Challenge, you can predict the champion of each region with your voting coupon. If you purchase PCS1 items, you can get up to six coupons. Also, you can have a chance to get one additional voting coupon for free while watching live broadcasts. You cannot vote for the same team twice, and you can only vote once for each team.
List of the PCS1 items:
- PCS1 COMBAT SET + one voting coupon
- PCS1 CLOTHING SET + one voting coupon
- PCS1 – M16A4 + one voting coupon
- PCS1 – MK47 MUTANT + one voting coupon
- PCS1 – UMP45 + one voting coupon
- PCS1 emote + one voting coupon
If you win the game to predict the champions, you will get 100,000 EPs that can be used at the Esports Shop in each region. For example, if you successfully predict the champion of one region, you will be awarded 100,000 EPs, and if you predict the champion of all regions, you can get a total of 400,000 EPs.
2. Who is better?
We have one more game that allows players to acquire EPs by successfully predicting which team will finish with the higher rank.
This game can be played for free even if you don’t have voting coupons. You will get 2,000 EPs for each team if you win the game. For example, if you successfully predict the result of all rivals in one region, you will get 16,000 EPs. That said, if you win the game for every rival match in all regions, you can get a total of 64,000 EPs.
PICK’EM CHALLENGE EVENT FAQ
Q. How can I obtain the voting coupon?
A. There are two ways you can obtain the voting coupon.
- 1. Obtaining voting coupon by purchasing a PCS1-themed skin (full list of the PCS1 items can be found above)
- One voting coupon is provided each time you purchase one of the below items released to celebrate PCS1. You can acquire up to six voting coupons by purchasing all PCS1 items.
- 2. Obtaining voting coupon for free by watching the tournament
- You can also get a voting coupon while watching PCS1 live broadcasts. A certain code for a voting coupon will be displayed during the broadcast, and people who quickly type in the code on the ”ADD EVENT CODE” section of the Pick’Em Challenge event tab in-game will each receive a voting coupon on a first come-first served basis. You can only obtain one voting coupon per account through this event.
- For Console, it will proceed with another method instead of adding event code. We will announce the details soon.
Q. Where can I vote?
A. Go to the Esports Tab > Pick’Em Challenge Event Tab in-game to cast a vote.
Q. Where can I see the status of voting coupons I own?
A. Go to the Esports Tab > Pick’Em Challenge Event Tab to see the status of the voting coupons you own.
Q. What happens if I get a refund after I have already voted?
A. Once you refund the item after you have already voted, the vote will be invalid.
Q. Is the number of voting coupons allowed different according to the PCS1 item?
A. You will get one voting coupon per PCS1 item. The maximum number of voting coupons that a player can get by purchasing an item is a total of 7 coupons, including one free voting coupon that is provided if you watch the tournament.
Q. What happens if I have the voting coupon, but the voting period has ended?
A. If the voting period has ended, you cannot vote anymore. The vote will disappear as soon as the voting period ends.
Q. Can I vote again for the same team?
A. You can only vote once for each team. If you have many voting coupons, you may vote for other teams as well.
Q. What do I get as a reward?
If you successfully predict the champion in the two types of Pick’Em Challenge games introduced above, you will earn the new Esports Points (EP). With the EPs obtained, you can obtain the final reward of the Pick’Em Challenge under PCS1 at the Esports Shop.
Q. When do I get the Esports Points (EP)?
A. The EP is provided starting from July 6 after PCS1 ends. You can use the points at the shops from July 6 until 6 p.m. on July 22 (KST). If you don’t get them, please contact Customer Support at pubg.com/support for further inquiries.
Q. Will I continue to have the EPs even if I don’t use all of the points that I gained from this Pick’Em Challenge?
A. The EP you obtained from the Pick’Em Challenge under the PCS1 will remain until July 22, 2020 and it will disappear after that.
Q. Can I trade the items that I purchased with EP at the Steam store?
A. The items purchased using EP can be traded at the Steam Community Market beginning at 3 p.m. (KST) on July 22, 2020.
Q. Can I trade PCS1 items that I bought in the store?
A. You cannot trade PCS1 items in the store.
Q. Where can I see the information on which teams are competing at PCS1?
A. You can find information about teams, their players, real-time standings, etc. on the Esports tab in the PC in-game lobby.
Q. On which platform is the Pick’Em Challenge held?
A. This time, Pick’Em Challenge is held on PC and console. Please see above for the detailed schedule.