The PUBG Continental Series is BACK after an insane first two installments. Budding rivalries, new teams, and your favorite esports pros will duke it out in the ring to determine who’s the best of the best through 4 regions from around the world. The PUBG Continental Series 3 (PCS3) will host 64 professional PUBG Esports teams from Asia, APAC, Europe, and North America as they compete for the highly coveted PCS3 bragging rights and a cut of a growing $800,000 prize pool!
So you want to learn everything there is to know about PCS3, huh? You’ve arrived at the source. We’re covering Esports Points (EPs) awarded through Twitch live-streams to be redeemed for in-game gear, where to watch PCS3, who’s participating, and much more!
Gear up, folks – an intense competition is dropping into Erangel and Miramar starting November 5th Pacific Time!
TWITCH LIVE QUIZ & DROPS REWARDS
In PCS2, we introduced Esports Points and the ability to gain them while viewing PCS live streams. We’re pleased to announce that EPs and drop rewards are back and better for PCS3! Fans watching the competition on Twitch.tv/PUBG can win up to 800 Esports Points per question correctly answered during the series while they watch.
Here’s the rundown on how to participate for your chance to win EPs that can later be redeemed for in-game special PUBG items!
How to Participate
- Sign into your PUBG Global Account.
- Link your Twitch account.
- Link your Steam account.
- Watch the PCS3 livestream in your region of choice on Twitch.tv/PUBG (see the broadcast schedule below for times).
- As you watch, a notification will appear over the broadcast screen announcing that a quiz will be available soon.
- Once the quiz is available, click on the PUBG Esports Quiz Alert icon on the right side of the broadcast screen to access the new quiz. Make sure to click on the ‘Visible’ button to see the quiz panel.
- Answer the question correctly.
Each region throughout PCS3 will serve up questions during matches. Questions are worth 800 EPs each and range from esports specific to meta specific.
You can also get more EPs based on your Twitch watch time through Twitch Drops in the channels below!
PCS3 will once again introduce 16 teams in each of 4 regions all competing to get the best score at the end of each match to claim the ultimate chicken dinner.
- 4 Regions Competing: Asia, APAC, North America, and Europe
- Teams per Region: 16 Teams
- Squad Size: Quads
- Tournament Days per Region: 6
- Matches per Tournament Day: 4
- Total Matches per Region: 24
- Maps: Erangel and Miramar
- Match Setup: All 16 teams drop in simultaneously, standard elimination
- Win Conditions: The regional team with the most accumulated points from all 24 matches will be announced as the First Place winner of that region. You can download the full Standard and Universal PUBG Esports Ruleset here. For points breakdown see below.
- Winners: There will be standings reported on all 4 regions.
- Total Prize Pool: $800,000($200,000 per region) plus 12.5% of PCS3 in-game item sales
For the full rundown of schedules in a variety of languages check out here.
Tune in live on the platform of your choice!
PCS3 Livestream Broadcasts
And, follow along with live updates as matches unfold.
For the full rundown of teams competing take a stroll here.
PCS3 ASIA Participating Teams
- China – Four Angry Men, Multi Circle Gaming, Newhappy, Infantry, Petrichor Road, Tianba
- Chinese Taipei – Global Esports Xsset, K7 Esports
- Japan – Detonation Gaming White, Sunsister
- Korea – Afreeca Freecs, Gen.G, GRIFFIN, OGN ENTUS, OP.GG SPORTS, VRLU GHIBLI
PCS3 NORTH AMERICA Participating Teams
- North America – Any Trolls In Chat, Comets, Dodge, Duel, Fabled, Guadalajara Gascans, Houston Hardshifts, Illusion, Oath Gaming, One Eye Open, Shoot To Kill, Soniqs, Tactical8, Team Veritas, The Rumblers, Zenith Esports
PCS3 APAC Participating Teams
- Indonesia – From The Future, Victim Rise
- Oceania – Team Ferox, Fury
- Malaysia/Singapore – Battle Arena Elites
- Philippines – Angel Alliance
- Thailand – Buriram United Esports, Daytrade Gaming, Magic Esport, Sharper Esport, Purple Mood E-Sport
- Vietnam – Cerberus Esports, DivisionX Gaming, LG Divine, Unicorn Cyber Danang, Hydra Gaming
PCS3 EUROPE Participating Teams
- Europe – Bystanders, Digital Athletics, ENCE, Etiget Esports, FaZe Clan, Natus Vincere, Northern Lights, Omaken Sports, PinkPony, Redline, Saunabois, shiftW, Team Liquid, Tornado Energy, TSM, WinStreak
PCS3 OFFICIAL RULES
PCS3 adopts the Standard and Universal PUBG Esports Ruleset throughout all of its matches. Download the full official rules here.
WIN CONDITIONS BREAKDOWN
The regional team with the most accumulated points from all 24 matches will be announced as the First Place winner of that region.
- Kill Points – Kill Points are awarded to Teams based on the number of Kills the Team accumulates during each Match. A Team will earn (1) Kill Point per Kill.
- Placement Points – Placement Points are awarded to Teams based on their finishing position at the end of each Match. Teams will accumulate Placement Points based on the following:
- Placement/Point Awarded
- 1st / 10 Points
- 2nd / 6 Points
- 3rd / 5 Points
- 4th / 4 Points
- 5th / 3 Points
- 6th / 2 Points
- 7th / 1 Point
- 8th / 1 Point
- 9th – 16th – 0 Points
- A Team’s Match Points is the sum of their Kill Points and Placement Points – Kill Points + Placement Points = Match Points. For example, a Team who accumulates 10 Kills and finishes the Match in the 3rd position will earn 15 Match Points (10 + 5 = 15).
- A Team’s Total Points is the sum of all Match Points accumulated during PCS3.
- In the event that two or more Teams have the same number of Total Points, the following rules shall be applied to break the tie.
- 1. Compare every tied Team’s total Kill Points across all Matches
- 2. Compare every tied Team’s best performing Match based on Match Points
- 3. Compare every tied Team’s best performing Match based on Kill Points
- 4. Compare every tied Team’s Kill Points in the most recent Match
- 5. Compare every tied Team’s Placement Points in the most recent Match
PRIZE POOL BREAKDOWN
There will be a total of $800,000+ available prize pool for PCS2. The prize pool consists of:
- $200,000 prize pool for each region
- 12.5% of PCS3 item profits sales will be distributed back to pro teams across the four regions
PCS3 will once again herald in the Pick’Em Challenge, an opportunity for you to win Esports Points by successfully predicting the winners of each region which can be used to purchase special PUBG items.
It’s easy and fun to get involved! Fire up PUBG and go to the Pick’Em Challenge tab in the menu. That’s where you can predict the champion of each region with a voting coupon. If you purchase PCS3 items, you can get up to 14 voting coupons. You can also win Esports Points in the Team Faceoff game. And, you have a chance to get EPs via Twitch Drops and the aforementioned Twitch Live Quiz.
If you’re able to successfully predict the Champions of PCS3, you will win EPs that can be used at the Esports Shop in each region. If you successfully predict the champion of one region, you will be awarded EPs, and if you predict the champion of all regions, you will get even more EPs. Those EPs you earn can be used towards epic PCS3 items!
For the full Pick’Em Challenge rundown of details check out this article.
Want to see the latest and greatest PUBG news in your region? Check out the following region hubs and social channels.
REGIONAL SITES & SOCIAL CHANNELS